Content management (CM), simply stated, is the process of sharing information vital to an organization. In recent times this information is typically referred to as content or, to be precise, digital content. Digital content may take the form of text, such as documents, multimedia files, such as audio or video files, or any other file type which follows a content lifecycle which requires management. Content management is an inherently collaborative process. It often consists of the following basic roles and responsibilities:
- Creator – responsible for creating and editing content.
- Editor – responsible for tuning the content message and the style of delivery, including translation and localization.
- Publisher – responsible for releasing the content for use.
- Administrator – responsible for managing access permissions to folders and files, usually accomplished by assigning access rights to user groups or roles. Administrator may also assist and support users in various ways.
- Consumer, viewer or guest- the person who reads or otherwise takes in content after it is published or shared.
Web Content Management System
A web content management (WCM) system (WCMS) is a CMS designed to simplify the publication of web content to web sites and mobile devices — in particular, allowing content creators to create, submit and manage contents without requiring technical knowledge of any Web Programming Languages or Markup Languages such as HTML or the uploading of files.
Enterprise Content Management
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization’s documents, and other content, that relate to the organization’s processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tools used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
Over the years Sage IT has developed strong expertise in terms of content management solutions implementation, customization, delivery and support. The consulting services offered by Sage IT in CM area include:
- Needs assessment
- Product evaluation for suitability
- Project estimation
- ROI Analysis
- CMS tool administration
Sage IT works with the top content management systems in the marketplace today. A Content Management System that works for one company doesn’t always work for another, and our team of business and technology consultants can help you discover which CMS solution is right for your organization. We have taken the time to identify the benefits and potential pitfalls of these systems, so our clients can rest easy they are making the right choice.
Sage IT’s partnership with OEMs and years of expertise provide content management solutions using has given Sage IT an edge in delivering high quality solutions and services in the content management domain using the following ECM leading products:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- HP TeamSite
- Oracle WebCenter
- IBM FileNet
- Adobe CQ